Gold Price Calculators
- How much is your gold worth?
- How much was your gold worth when you bought it?
- How much profit have you made on your gold?
- How much is any gold coin worth?
- All major exchange rates
- How much is your scrap gold worth?
- How much is any Karat of your gold jewelry worth?
- What change should you give in gold coins
- How much gold can you buy with your currency?
- How much is your gold worth in any currency
- Convert between ounces, grams and kilos
- How much will you pay to buy or sell gold?
Gold jumps as US economic uncertainty kills risk appetite
Tatyana Shumsky From: Dow Jones Newswires June 04, 2011 12:04PM
GOLD prices pushed higher on weak US employment data and renewed investor concerns about a 'double-dip' recession in the US.
The most actively traded contract, for August delivery, settled up $US9.70, or 0.6 per cent, at $US1542.40 a troy ounce on the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange.
June-delivery gold gained $US9.70 (0.6 per cent), to settle at $US1541.70 a troy ounce.
June gold futures jumped to a high of $US1546.30 a troy ounce on the report, as investors rushed to purchase the safe-haven asset.
"You're seeing a general risk-aversion trade going on today based on these (employment) numbers," said Matt Zeman, head of trading at Kingsview Financial. "People are uncertain about the economy and are wondering where the help is going to come from."
Gold is considered a store of value amid economic uncertainty and a hedge against financial risks, with investor appetite often growing stronger as economic sentiment sours.
Disclaimer : All posts made by either members or mods even admins on CariGold.com are just only individual opinions, not necessarily or specifically those of CariGold.com or it's owner.
CariGold does neither support, endorse nor vouch any programs and/or opportunities discussed here. We also does not give/offer investment advice and we does not research the opportunities discussed here. We simply provide a place for discussion. YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU LOSE SUM OF MONEY IN ANY PROGRAMS DISCUSSED HERE