Ganjaran Bonus Forex Yang Terbesar Tidak Pernah Ditawarkan Sebelum ini ... BONUS TANPA SEBARANG DEPOSIT SEBANYAK $1500 DARI INSTAFOREX !!

Go Back   CariGold Forum > ENTERTAINMENTS, HOBBIES, INTERESTS > Sports > Soccer > Sports Talk : Soccer (Overseas)

Recommended Brokers

Forex Chart
Crypto Chart
CG Sponsors

Old 18-09-2010, 09:01 PM
CG Super Hardcore

Trader Rating: (7)
Thanks (Received): 4884
Likes (Received): 1425
Active Level
My Mood:

Fergie points finger at Rafa

Sir Alex Ferguson believes Rafael Benitez - and not the Liverpool owners - is responsible for the club's recent decline.

Liverpool finished seventh last season and many believe they could struggle to get back into the top four this season if they are unable to secure new owners and extra transfer funds.

Benitez repeatedly suggested the problems last season were down to his inability to spend but, ahead of Sunday's North-West derby at Old Trafford, Ferguson has said he believes their current slump is down to the current Inter coach's poor record in the market.

"I don't know if finishing seventh last season after being second behind us the year before had anything to do with the financial position," he said. "In the last regime they spent a lot of money on players - far more than Manchester United.

"They had a huge squad of players so I don't know if that [the financial situation] is anything to do with it."

The duo had a difficult relationship during the Spaniard's six-year reign at Anfield, with Benitez famously attacking Ferguson during a press conference two seasons ago, but the United boss said: "I've never been personal. You have to examine him, not me.

"I've always enjoyed a good relationship with the Liverpool managers and both clubs have always addressed the situation properly after games. That changed under the last regime, but it's not a big issue for me."

Ferguson is on much better terms with the current Liverpool manager, Roy Hodgson.

"I have known him for a long time," Ferguson said. "I first met him in 1987 when I went on an aborted trip to Malmo. It was a European tie against Ajax and they abandoned it after one minute. He was at the game and we went for dinner afterwards.

"Roy has gathered a wealth of experience in Italy, Switzerland and Finland and the job he did at Fulham was absolutely extraordinary."

Hodgson added: "I certainly regard him as a friend. Whether he regards me as a friend you'd have to ask him. I spoke to him in a jocular way, I asked him the question 'Does it mean now I've taken the Liverpool job that we don't speak to each other?' - he didn't put the phone down but he made some cutting remark.

"The friendship hasn't been affected by me becoming Liverpool manager. I'm sure he will offer me a glass of wine when I go to the game on Sunday and I'll offer him one when he comes here, but during the match there is no room for sentiment and I'll be hoping desperately things go our way and he'll be hoping things go his way."

Despite the friendship between the two managers, United star Paul Scholes feels the rivalry remains fierce.

"You can't get away from the fact that both teams don't really like each other," he said. "We are both desperate to win and I don't think that will ever change.

"Liverpool did not have a great season last year but whenever you play them it is still a massive game. The rivalry is huge and it is good to beat them."

ESPN Soccernet
Paid Advertisement
Old 19-09-2010, 10:50 PM
CG Top Poster Club

Trader Rating: (1)
Thanks (Received): 55
Likes (Received): 0
Active Level
My Mood:

England - Premier League

Saturday 18th September 2010
Quote:
Stoke C. 1 - 1 West Ham U.
Aston Villa 1 - 1 Bolton W.
Blackburn R. 1 - 1 Fulham
Everton 0 - 1 Newcastle U.
Tottenham H. 3 - 1 Wolverhampton W.
West Bromwich A. 3 - 1 Birmingham C.
Old 19-09-2010, 11:30 PM
CG Super Hardcore

Active Level
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulam View Post

England - Premier League

Saturday 18th September 2010
TQ abam ulam krn update result kt sini

tambah skit lagi
Man U 3 - 2 Liverpool

latest score

Wigan 0 - 2 Man City
Chelsea 2 - 0 Blackpool
Old 20-09-2010, 08:09 PM
CG Super Hardcore

Active Level
My Mood:

Full Result

Man United 3 - 2 Liverpool
Wigan 0 - 2 Man City
Chelsea 4 - 0 Blackpool
Old 20-09-2010, 08:10 PM
CG Super Hardcore

Active Level
My Mood:

Allardyce claims to be on equal footing with Wenger

Sam Allardyce insists he has respect for Arsene Wenger but says there is "not a chance" the Arsenal boss is a more advanced coach.

Allardyce has long had a fractious relationship with Wenger, and the Blackburn manager has revealed that he has found him difficult from their first meeting over a decade ago.

"I first met Arsene Wenger in 1999 when I was manager of Notts County and we sold Jermaine Pennant to Arsenal for a record 2million," he said in his News of the World column. "I was really looking forward to meeting him but all I got was a handshake. No more.

"We have crossed swords many more times in the years since but I gave up inviting him for a glass of wine after games long ago because I know he won't come.

"The truth is that nobody really knows Arsene Wenger. There certainly aren't too many people who actually get close to him. Sir Alex Ferguson and some of the foreign coaches like Avram Grant always pop in for a drink so I don't think it's a problem with my wine!

"If that's Arsene's way, though, then I respect that. Maybe he doesn't like me. Maybe he is keen to get on the coach or the plane after fulfilling 45 minutes of post-match media duties."

Allardyce repeated his claim that Wenger is using the media to influence referees in the column, but added: "None of all this affects my view of Wenger.

"I have total respect for the way he changed his philosophy in recent years when the 400 million move to the Emirates Stadium reduced his spending power in the transfer market.

"He hasn't won trophies yet with his current crop but he has stuck to his guns by insisting that nothing will prevent the development of his young players. Arsenal play some wonderful football but what makes the Premier League interesting is the difference in styles between teams."

Allardyce says, though, that he believes he is on an equal footing with Wenger when it comes to management.

"When I say what I think there are people who say "Oh, it's only antiquated Sam Allardyce", and all kinds of b******* like that," he said. "There is a problem with perception.

"Arsene is seen as a sophisticated Frenchman while I'm just a rugged English centre-half from the Midlands with an accent to match, but is Arsene more advanced than me in terms of coaching? Not a chance.

"Does he use live fitness data on his players during games? Does he study sports psychology every day? Does he use sports science to the extent that I do? I doubt it."

Allardyce also revealed he was disappointed to see Rafael Benitez leave Liverpool this summer.

"I am gutted that Rafa Benitez has gone. He hated me and I used to love winding him up. For years he came to Bolton and never got a result and used to accuse us of cheating."

ESPN Soccernet
Old 20-09-2010, 08:11 PM
CG Super Hardcore

Active Level
My Mood:

Hughton hints at permanent move for Ben Arfa

Newcastle manager Chris Hughton says Hatem Ben Arfa took a step towards a permanent deal with the club after scoring a stunning goal against Everton on Saturday.

Ben Arfa, who has joined the club on loan from Marseille for the season, marked his first start for the Magpies with the only goal of the game at Goodison Park and looked to be a positive addition to the club's midfield.

Hughton was suitably impressed and suggested Newcastle will look to take up their option to sign the France international on a permanent deal.

"He has that quality, that something that's a little bit different that could make the Newcastle fans really take to him," Hughton said. "It was a very encouraging performance from a player who gives us new options on the left.

"It was a great debut, but the key is whether he can produce that kind of thing on a consistent basis. If he can, then I'm sure we'll be looking at making his move permanent. There's a long way to go before that though."

Everton were one of the clubs that Ben Arfa rejected in order to pursue a move to Newcastle, and the former Lyon star says that while joining the promoted side was something of a risk, he is happy with the choice he made.

When asked whether he could have joined Everton, Ben Arfa said: "No, not really. There was a lot of talk but Newcastle were the ones who wanted me and they are the club I have agreed to join, and if other clubs did want me then I hope I can show at Newcastle why they wanted me.

"Sometimes in football you have to take a risk. I knew about Newcastle and when I came there for the first time, you could see how big it was. It may have been newly-promoted but it didn't feel like it because there are so many good players at the club - and you could see that on Saturday.

"We should be ambitious but we also have to be calm and remember it's pretty early in the season. There is plenty of character in this team so we'll see how far we can take it.

"Newcastle are a big, big club with some really astonishing supporters. When I came here, I wondered what I would find but I am surrounded by some really good players, who will take us far. It is exactly the sort of club that I left behind in Marseille.

"They have the same passion among the supporters, the same sense that the club dominates everything in the city. It is a great thing when you play in front of passionate fans. You want to give them something back, you want to play for them, do your best for them. I am very, very happy that they saw us win and that I scored for them."

ESPN Soccernet
Old 20-09-2010, 08:13 PM
CG Super Hardcore

Active Level
My Mood:

Friedel dismisses reservations over Houllier role

Brad Friedel has given a ringing endorsement to new Aston Villa manager Gerard Houllier, despite suggestions that the two did not see eye-to-eye during their time at Liverpool.

Houllier officially takes charge of Villa for the first time on Wednesday when the club face Blackburn in the Carling Cup but his appointment has already been met with some scepticism by elements of the Villa support.

Gabriel Agbonlahor also appeared less than enthused by the Frenchman's arrival, despite Houllier's success at Liverpool and his record of league triumphs with both Paris Saint Germain and Lyon.

It was suggested following the Frenchman's appointment that he could clash with Friedel - having allowed the 'keeper to leave Anfield in 2000 due to work permit complications - but the American is optimistic about the impact Martin O'Neill's replacement will have on the club.

"There was a lot that needed to be done at Liverpool when he took over," Friedel said. "Not only the first team but the whole infrastructure of the club. He had a lot of work to do there and he did very well indeed.

"Liverpool were falling behind Arsenal and Manchester United not just on the field but off the field too. On top of that he found himself as sole manager and had a lot on his plate.

"But he did a fantastic job and when people go back there and see the new Melwood and things of that nature they can attribute all that to him. So I am very hopeful he can take this club forward. He's very astute and very professional. He always gets the best out of his clubs."

ESPN Soccernet
Old 20-09-2010, 08:17 PM
CG Super Hardcore

Active Level
My Mood:

Bowyer apologises for foul-mouthed grandmother rant

Lee Bowyer launched a foul-mouthed tirade at West Brom fans during Birmingham's 3-1 defeat at the Hawthorns on Saturday, but "apologised profusely" for the incident soon after according to Baggies officials.

West Brom supporter Sandra Cox, who was watching the game with her seven-year-old grandson, claimed Bowyer insulted her during a heated exchange that led to her reporting the former West Ham and Newcastle midfielder to the matchday stewards.

The incident ocurred moments after Bowyer escaped with just a yellow card following a dangerous tackle on Gabriel Tamas - a booking that saw the Birmingham player substituted immediately by Blues boss Alex McLeish.

On his way off the pitch, Bowyer became embroiled in an altercation with fans, leaving many shocked by his use of bad language.

"He called me a 'f****** ****' - it was appalling, especially with my grandson sitting next to me," Mrs Cox said. "It's terrible to hear such bad language. We sit there, in the family enclosure, so Luke doesn't have to hear it, but it's even worse because you hear all the players.

"Everybody was having a go because of the tackle on the other side of the pitch. Then he came over and was effing and blinding at everybody, and we were sitting right behind the dugout, so low down, that I told him off. I reported it to the nearest steward."

West Brom officials confirmed that Bowyer had clashed with supporters, but revealed that he had immediately issued an apology to those involved.

"A lady complained straight away to one of our senior stewards that she had been verbally abused, but the club are also aware that Lee Bowyer then made a complete and profuse apology to her," a West Brom spokesman said. "That is the end of the matter as far as West Bromwich Albion are concerned."

McLeish admitted that he was unaware of exactly what happened, but attempted to defend Bowyer, who he claimed was subject to his own share of abuse from the home fans.

"Someone said there were alleged comments by 'Bow', but I could see him getting mouthfuls from angry people sitting in the stand," McLeish said. "The only thing I saw him do was to put his hands up, telling people to calm down.

"Whether there are other versions to come, I don't know, but I just saw him getting pilloried by angry people. It was clearly a very heated situation, and when I looked round there were a lot of verbals coming from that direction, but it looked as if Lee was trying to calm things down."

Bowyer has gained notoriety for his involvement in a number of unsavoury incident over the years, having failed a drugs test for cannabis at Charlton, appeared in court after being charged with assault - though he was cleared of the charges - during his time with Leeds and fighting with then Newcastle team-mate Kieron Dyer on the pitch in 2005.

ESPN Soccernet
Old 21-09-2010, 08:18 AM
CG Super Hardcore

Active Level
My Mood:

Everton defend Fellaini against elbow allegations

Everton have defended Marouane Fellaini against wide-spread criticism after the midfielder was booked for elbowing Newcastle's Mike Williamson in the head on Saturday.

Television analysts claimed Fellaini was fortunate not to be sent off in the 1-0 defeat at Goodison Park and later highlighted previous similar incidents involving the Belgian international.

But Everton assistant manager Steve Round said on Monday: "That might have been a bit of frustration. It's a reactive thing, it was not malicious. He is not that sort of guy.

"He is a combative player, very physical and wants to take the fight to the opposition. It was just one of those things."

As he received a yellow card from Andre Marriner, Fellaini is unlikely to face any further action and Round feels a sending off would have been too harsh anyway.

He added: "A referee may have taken that view but I thought he got it right and a booking sufficed."

Another controversial challenge in Saturday's game from Everton's Jermaine Beckford led to Newcastle goalkeeper Steve Harper being carried off with a shoulder injury.

Of that incident, Round said: "I spoke to the (Newcastle) staff afterwards and they were not too critical. It wasn't really a malicious challenge. Steve Harper has gone over the top of the challenge.

"He [Beckford] deservedly got a booking but it was the way he [Harper] landed that caused the injury. We believe it is not too bad so hopefully 'Harps' will get better soon."

ESPN Soccernet
Old 21-09-2010, 10:08 PM
CG Super Hardcore

Active Level
My Mood:

Bruce ready to leave Bent out against West Ham

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce is tempted to wrap star striker Darren Bent in cotton wool for Tuesday's night's Carling Cup tie at home to West Ham United.

Bruce will hand record signing Asamoah Gyan a first start for the club but whether that will come alongside leading scorer Bent, who took his tally for the new campaign to six for club and country with the late leveller against Arsenal on Saturday evening, remains to be seen.

Bent, 26, who now has 30 goals to his name for the club in just 46 appearances since moving north from Tottenham for an initial 10 million, could yet find himself spared duty with Liverpool and Manchester United waiting in the wings in the next two Premier League games.

Bruce said: "I don't think it's a rest - cotton wool comes to mind. I don't think it's a rest at this part of the season. Make no mistake, we have some people who need games - Bolo Zenden, for instance, is one, Asamoah Gyan is another, it might be a game to have a look at young Jack Colback - those type of people need a game.

"Darren wants to play in every game, but you want him playing against Manchester United and Liverpool. That's my fear, not resting him at this particular moment. He wants to be involved in every game, he wants to be involved and score a goal, that's Darren.''

Sunderland are once again proving redoubtable opponents at the Stadium of Light this season having faced both Manchester City and the Gunners already and emerged with four points.

By contrast, the Hammers will arrive on Wearside having won just once to date in the new campaign, their 1-0 second-round, extra-time victory over League Two side Oxford United. But they did return from Stoke with a first league point at the weekend and while they remain rooted to the foot of the table, Bruce has warned they will be no pushover.

He said: "You look at them and they have got an England goalkeeper, an England centre-back, an England midfield player and an England centre-forward, so they have got good players. We are playing against a Premier League team in the cup. We know they have had a bit of an awful start - anybody is capable of having a poor start in this division and West Ham have found that.

"But they will be looking to kick-start their season. I am more concerned about us and making sure we stay at the level we have seen over the last couple of weeks, especially at home.''

ESPN Soccernet
Sponsored Links